H. Douglas Willen is a distinguished attorney who has built an impressive career with a strong dedication to both the legal profession and his community. With a wealth of experience and numerous accolades, Mr. Willen has earned a reputation as a trusted advocate and esteemed figure in the legal field.
• Recognized as a Life Fellow of the Kentucky Bar Foundation for his exceptional contributions to the legal profession and the community.
• Received the Top Lawyers in Kentucky Award, showcasing his outstanding skills and esteemed reputation among his peers.
• Honored with the prestigious SuperLawyers Award, which speaks to his exceptional legal abilities and professionalism.
• Membership in the Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels, an esteemed group dedicated to community service and philanthropy.
• Active member of the Kentucky Bar Association, a prominent organization that upholds excellence and professionalism among attorneys.
• Served as President of the Christian County Bar Association from 1999 to 2000, demonstrating his leadership and commitment to the local legal community.
• Acted as Treasurer of the Christian County Bar Association from 1991 to 1992, highlighting his financial acumen and dedication to responsible governance.
• Engaged as a participant in the Western Kentucky Volunteer Lawyers Project, offering pro bono legal services to those in need.
• Membership in the Kentucky Justice Association, a collective of attorneys dedicated to upholding justice and advocating for individuals' rights.
• Supporter of the Kentucky Bar Foundation, contributing to its mission of providing legal education and access to justice for all.
• Engaged as a member of the Municipal Attorneys Association of Kentucky, fostering collaboration and professional growth among municipal attorneys.
• Currently serving as the Hopkinsville City Attorney since 2007, providing legal counsel and representation to the city government and its constituents.
• Appointed as a Kentucky Bar Association Trial Commissioner by Supreme Court Chief Justice Joseph E. Lambert in October 1998, demonstrating his expertise and integrity in the legal field.
• Served as Chairman of the Hopkinsville Board of Ethics, contributing his expertise to promote ethical standards in local government from 1992 to 1995 and again from 2004 to 2006.
• Held the position of President of the Hopkinsville-Christian County Public Library Board of Directors in 1992, supporting access to education and knowledge within the community.
• Served as a member of the Board of Directors at University Heights Academy from 1993 to 2005, contributing to the growth and development of the institution.
• Acted as Treasurer of the Christian County Republican Party from 1993 to 2004, actively participating in political advocacy and community engagement.
• Served as an Adjunct Professor at Hopkinsville Community College from 1987 to 1989, sharing his legal expertise and shaping the minds of future legal professionals.
• Engaged in the administrative board of the First United Methodist Church, contributing to the spiritual and operational aspects of the congregation.
• Served as the Head Wrestling Coach at University Heights Academy from 2007 to 2013, mentoring and inspiring young athletes.
• Member of the Board of Directors at Hopetown Hoppers, Inc. from 2011 to 2015, supporting youth sports and community engagement.
• Currently an active member of the Kentucky Bar Foundation Board of Directors since 2017, furthering the foundation's mission to improve access to justice and legal education.
• Serves on the Board of Directors at United Southern Bank since 2017, providing valuable insight and guidance to the institution.
• Engaged as a participant in the Kentucky Bar Association Legislative Outreach Committee since 2017, contributing to the development of legal policies and advocating for the legal profession's interests.
With extensive legal experience, commitment to excellence, and dedication to community involvement, H. Douglas Willen remains a highly respected and valued member of the legal profession. His exceptional skills and unwavering passion continue to make a lasting impact in the lives of his clients and the broader community.
1985, U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
1985, U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
University of Kentucky College of Law
Class of 1985
University of Evansville
Class of 1982
Kentucky Bar Association
Christian County Bar Association
Kentucky Justice Association
Municipal Attorneys Association of Kentucky
Hopkinsville City Attorney.
Cotthoff & Willen is located in Hopkinsville, KY and serves clients in and around Fairview, Hopkinsville, Gracey, Pembroke, Crofton, Oak Grove, Cerulean, Herndon, Allegre, Fort Campbell, La Fayette, Trenton, Elkton, Saint Charles, Cadiz, Clifty, White Plains, Sharon Grove, Guthrie, Dawson Springs, Mortons Gap, Christian County, Hopkins County, Todd County and Trigg County.
Attorney Advertising. This website is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. [ Site Map ]
Martindale-Hubbell and martindale.com are registered trademarks; AV, BV, AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are registered certification marks; Lawyers.com and the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated Icon are service marks; and Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings are trademarks of MH Sub I, LLC, used under license. Other products and services may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC. All rights reserved.